Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to hide a menu from specific pages?

Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:50 AM
Sparklesperson

7 posts · Nov 2010
Is there a means of hiding a menu from specific pages? Would be nice to have that as an option. I'm up to building a template even, just need a clue as to how to EXCLUDE the menu.

For the record, I'm using WP 3.3, and Atahualpa 3.7.3 (I think it is).

Thanks!
Patricia
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could do it with a CSS Insert based onthe page ID
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:10 AM
Sparklesperson

7 posts · Nov 2010
Any clues how to do that? Where do I start - what css would I use, and WHERE would I put it - just in the body of the page?

I ended up finding this plugin, which seems to work, although it took me a while to figure out WHAT to put in - it's called Hide it. Perhaps that's what it does - is insert the css.

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:13 AM
Sparklesperson

7 posts · Nov 2010
Oh - I bet I'd put it into the theme options - additional css. Hm. Will have to think on that..
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
any additional CSS you want to add you put in ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Use FireBug in FireFox to view the html elements and there you can play with the CSS - using 'isplay: none;' will hide things, then look at the <body...> statement for the page id to build your CSS selector.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
any additional CSS you want to add you put in ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Use FireBug in FireFox to view the html elements and there you can play with the CSS - using 'display: none;' will hide things, then look at the <body...> statement for the page id to build your CSS selector.