Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

cannot login to blog after upgrade

Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:57 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
I just upgraded to the latest version of wordpress (3.3) yesterday and Atahualpa 3.7.3. Immediately after the upgrade I was editing and posting articles no problem. Now I can't login. When I try to access the administrative login prompt instead of getting the prompt for username and password I just get a totally blank white screen. No error message or anything. Is this a wordpress issue or an Atahualpa issue? Any ideas how to fix? Thanks.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 08:10 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It could be a hosting issue. What is the URL?
Old Dec 19, 2011, 08:42 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
It could be a hosting issue. What is the URL?
I don't think it's the hosting but I could be wrong. http://www.singledudetravel.com
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ftp to the site, go to the themes flolder. go to the atahualpa folder and rename index.php to index.old then try to get into the site.

This should make WP not see the theme and force it to fall backto Twenty-eleven. Once you get back in you can rename index.old to index.php again and re activate atahualpa

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 20, 2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:07 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
ftp to the site, go to the themes flede. go to the atahualpa folder and rename index.php to index.old then try to get into the site.

This should make WP not see the theme and force it to fall backto Twenty-eleven. Once you get back in you can rename index.old to index.php again and re activate atahualpa
Unfortunately that doesn't work either - that breaks the public side of the site too... If I do that all screens are just blank white instead of just the login screen.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmm, this took atahualpa out of the equation. Could be a plugin incompatibility - move all plugins out of the lugin folder
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:36 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
Quote:
Hmm, this took atahualpa out of the equation. Could be a plugin incompatibility - move all plugins out of the lugin folder
I've done that too and it doesn't fix the problem...
Old Dec 19, 2011, 01:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You need to look in the log for errors
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:42 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
Quote:
You need to look in the log for errors
Can you tell me where I can find that? Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it depends on the host, I could tell you if you used WestHost but other than that....
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try using
HTML Code:
http://www.singledudetravel.com/wp-login.php
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:58 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
Quote:
try using
HTML Code:
http://
No luck with that either.

Any useful info here? http://wordpress.org/support/topic/c...6#post-2512298

It says something is being loaded out of order but I don't really get it - I'm not a programmer.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you just make a change to wp-config.php?
when you used what I coded, did you get the login screen?
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:08 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
No I only started changing wp-config.php to have debug mode and such after the blog was already totally broken.

Your link doesn't work either - it gives the login screen but if I try to login it doesn't work and produces a whole slew of error messages.

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or init hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3578

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-config.php:1) in /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-login.php on line 349

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-config.php:1) in /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-login.php on line 361

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-config.php:1) in /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 669

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-config.php:1) in /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 670

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-config.php:1) in /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 671

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-config.php:1) in /home7/singledu/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 866
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:15 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
I replaced again every file mentioned in any of the errors from a fresh download of 3.3 and it has no effect.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I would replace all the WP files and try renaming your htaccess file. other that that, this is beyond the forum.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:36 AM
singledudetravel

35 posts · Jan 2011
Did that too and still didn't work. Trying to solve on wordpress.org to no avail. Thanks.