Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Older comments by author no longer highlighted after changing my username.

Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:48 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
I've always read that it's a bad idea to use Wordpress's default "admin" username for your admin account, so I finally decided to change it today. So, I added a new user, set it as the admin, and then deleted the original default admin user while making sure to check the "Attribute all posts and links to" box and set it to the new admin user.

Everything went fine except for one thing... all of the comments I've already left on my blog are no longer being highlighted as comments from the author (me) always have. All new comments I'm leaving are working fine, though. It's just all previous comments that no longer highlight.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is a WordPress issue, has nothing to do with the theme. When you delete a user it only moves the posts to the new user. Any comments still belong to the deleted user and since they don't own the post any more, no author high-lite.

It is possible to update the comments and change the comment author and user ID to match the new user, but you would have to no the SQL to do it and how to use phpMyAdmin and that is not something for this forum.

You might want to post on wordpress.org, or look for a plugin or just try a google search to see if someone has explained how to do this.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 15, 2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:47 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks... that's actually the answer I was looking for. Time for some phpMyAdmin.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 07:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
make sure to do a database backup before you start messing around...
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:33 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
Yup, already did it and the comments are back to normal. Thanks again!