Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

I want to have different style for blog title and tagline

Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:29 AM
halfey

1 posts · Dec 2011
This is my first time posting here. I've searched everywhere in this forum but unable to find similar question not the answer to my question. Maybe it's hidden somewhere deep in the piles of threads here but since I was unable to find it so I started my own thread instead.

I wanted to make my blog title and tagline overlayed the header image but the problem is they're sharing the same style (not the font style but the background color, borders, padding, etc). This is probably because they're sharing the same div container so my question is, is it possible to use different styling for each of these 2 elements? It's not a big deal but if possible I'd like to place my blog title on the top-left of the header image while the tagline on the bottom-right, and not just that, I want them to have different background/border color. I hope there's a solution for this. Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes there is a solution, but it will involve looking at the source of the generated page and crafting some CSS Selectors and rules. Once you have them created, you can add them to the CSS Inserts.

A good tool to help you figure uout what CSS you need is FireBug in FireFox