Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to override general sidebar CSS style/formatting in sidebar ads?

Old Dec 8, 2011, 03:58 AM
wmiedl

1 posts · Mar 2011
Hi, I would like to place text-ads in a sidebar text widget - with individual formatting just for this widget. But what happens is, that my text formatting always gets overridden by the default, general sidebar style.

I've tried following formatting:

<style type="text/css">
a.adBody {text-decoration:none;color:black;}
a.adBody:link {text-decoration:none;color:black;}
a.adBody:visited {text-decoration:none;color:black;}

but with no success. Why does it work with Google text ads?
Any idea?

(I've attached an example sceenshot, where the same ad shows up correctly in the post and in the wrong format in the widget.)
Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Program Manager_2011-12-08_11-43-01.jpg
Views:	2025
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	1655  
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
different plugins create their widgets differently, with different class names and ID's so it is impossible to code a CSS Selector that will handle all cases.

You need to examine the source of the page to lok at the classes and then construct the CSS you want applied. FireBug in FireFox is a great tool to do this with.