Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How do you change font of Header?

Old May 11, 2009, 01:21 PM
5 posts · May 2009

My url is http://theyankeeblog.com

I want to change the font of my blog title (The Yankee Blog). When I go into options, I see three different fonts that are listed like tahoma, arial, etc. Which one do I change if I want comic sans or something? It is a little confusing since there are three different fonts listed.

Old May 12, 2009, 03:57 PM
Craig Mattice
75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
This thread may assist you as I had the same challenge.

You will need to replace the current font types with the comic sands designation.

I've found working with the Firefox Add On Firebug to help with editing as I can instantly see the results without permanent changes and then recreate the code changes on the original editing area of the Theme Panel.
Old May 16, 2009, 08:14 AM
23,617 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
font-family: font-1, font-2, ...font-n, generic-family;

You can list as many fonts as you want in order that they will appear - if the viewer has that font.

For example, if you specify

font-family: Marker Felt, Times, sans-serif;

and I don't have the font 'Marker Felt' then I'll see it displayed in the Times font. If I also didn't have the times font installed, I'd see it displayed with the 'sans-serif' font.

The last font should always be one of the five 'generic' fonts: serif, sans-serif, cursive, fantasy, or monospace.