Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to remove dashed border that appears after clicking an item in the sideb

Old Nov 17, 2011, 01:37 AM
gsd

7 posts · Nov 2011
Thank you for this wonderful theme.

I have two questions regarding sidebar.

My URL: http://fleur-dor.com/wp/
Atahualpa 3.7.1 WordPress 3.2.1

1. I don't want the dashed border that appears after clicking an item in the sidebar.
Following earlier instructions I found in this forum, I added the following in the CSS Inserts but unfortunately none of them worked.

div#menu1 {border: 1px solid #ffffff;}
div#menu1 {border: none;}
div#menu1 a:visited {border: none!important;}
div.widget a:visited {border: none!important;}

What should I do?

2. Is there a way not to link an item in the sidebar to a page?
For example, I don't want "Works" to be linked to a page because it is just there to group Works 1 to Works5. So I just want it to be there in the sidebar without any links to any page.
Likewise, for 'Subscribe', I want the readers to be able to click only 'Disclaimer' or 'Disclaimer2' and not 'Subscribe'.
Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you are dealing with the sidebars, you are dealing with WIDGETS. There are three types of widgets you will see
1) the WordPress default widgets
2) some theme widgets (they all begin with 'BFA '
3) widgets created by a plugin written by a third party

Quote:
1. I don't want the dashed border that appears after clicking an item in the sidebar.
I don't see any dash's, where do they show up?

Quote:
2. Is there a way not to link an item in the sidebar to a page?
did you look thru the widget's options? is it a BFA widget? Which one? If not what widget/plugin is it? Did you try asking the author or doing a google search?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:21 AM
gsd

7 posts · Nov 2011
Quote:
I don't see any dash's, where do they show up?
When an item in the left sidebar is clicked,for example 'Profile' , 'Profile' in the left sidebar is surrounded by a dashed box until the page jumps to the Profile page.

I don't want this dashed surrounding to appear when clicked.

Quote:
did you look thru the widget's options? is it a BFA widget? Which one? If not what widget/plugin is it? Did you try asking the author or doing a google search?
Yes I looked thru the widget's options in the dashboard>Atahualpa Theme Options>Sidebars & Widgets but I could not change the present settings to achieve what I wanted.

I don't know what you mean by ' is it a BFA widget? Which one?', but I think it is a BFA widget because I downloaded Atahualpa 3.7.1 and am using it in its present form without any additions such as plugins .

My question No2 has to do when there is a Widget List Items, 2nd level under Widget List Items.
When there is a 2nd level, I want that Widget List Item (Parent) above the 2nd level to be a non-linked text in the sidebar. Is this possible?

Last edited by gsd; Nov 17, 2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:45 AM
gsd

7 posts · Nov 2011
I just found out that this "dashed border that appears when clicked" is there with IE8.
It does not appear with Firefox.

I am at total loss. Is there anything I can do?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you might check the ie8 settings and see if you can shut it off - that's why I didn't see it, I'm using Safari
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:21 AM
gsd

7 posts · Nov 2011
Thank you juggledad, but I don't know how to shut it off.
Also even if I were able to do so with my PC, others will still be seeing this dashed border if they use ie8.
I guess I will have to wait for a new version of Atahualpa that addresses this?

Also, I did not know that you are not supposed to ask two questions in one thread, I'm sorry.

I will start a new thread for my second question.

Last edited by gsd; Nov 17, 2011 at 08:24 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:40 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just checked an html site on IE8 and the dotted border shows. This is something I just accept as yet another IE "thing".
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you don't like the way the WORDPRESS page widget works, use the custom menu widget.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:12 PM
gsd

7 posts · Nov 2011
I didn't know it was IE that was causing the dashed border so I came here but with your inputs realized it was IE.
So did some google search and found "outline: none;".
Thank you.