Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page Menu Bar

Old Nov 13, 2011, 09:46 PM
Jerry

65 posts · Feb 2009
The beautiful Pacific Northwest USA
Hi,
It's been awhile, but I'm back and needed a theme for a new blog...what can I say I love Atahualpa.

I'm having a bit of a problem in that I want to delete a page title from my page menu bar, but when I hover over the title I see: 'post_type=page' but no number.

Thanks in advance

Ps here's the url: http://incomeondemand.org/
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version?
Is it a atahualpa or wordpress menu?
Which menu item?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:39 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It sounds like you are trying to find the id of the page in question to put in the "Exclude pages from Page Menu Bar?" box. Instead why not use the WordPress menu system? Much easier.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:16 AM
Jerry

65 posts · Feb 2009
I am trying to find the page id number to exclude a page from the page menu bar in the theme's options.
How would I use the Wordpress menu system?
It's version 3.7.1

On the site I'm wanting to get rid of the page title 'Welcome To Income On Demand' as it's the Home Page.
Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I am trying to find the page id number to exclude a page from the page menu bar in the theme's options.
look at the generated code or go edit the page and look at the address the last part will be the id
Quote:
How would I use the Wordpress menu system?
do a google search, many people have explained it
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:33 AM
Jerry

65 posts · Feb 2009
Yeah I know how to find the id number for the page...but it doesn't show up for me, I get: 'post_type=page' instead.

Quote:
look at the generated code or go edit the page and look at the address the last part will be the id
Where would I find the generated code?

Thanks for your help juggledad & lmilesw

Last edited by Jerry; Nov 14, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go visit the page. in the browser select the 'view source' option - in Safari on the mac that is under the 'View' menu item. then look for the '<body' statement

1) Do you have anything at ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Header?
2) What do you have your permalinks set to
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:11 PM
Jerry

65 posts · Feb 2009
Yes I have a banner for Aweber in HTML inserts header

I have a custom permalink: /%category%/%postname%/

Ok, I just found the page # in the source code you spoke of...excluded the number
and presto good to go

Thanks alot for your help, I will be back with a few more questions more than
likely, and then will be sure to donate for your expertise.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It looks like you might have a <div> there which souldn't be there. May cause you issues in the future