Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Need Page Tabs in Page Menu Bar Equally Spaced and Justified to Fill Entire

Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:32 PM
Water Brief

2 posts · Oct 2011
Hello everyone. I am having some trouble with spacing the Page Tabs in my Menu Bar in the fashion I would like. I am running Atahualpa 3.7.1. Any help would be appreciated.

My website is www.thewaterbrief.com

The layout width of the site is 990px. I have 7 Pages (home, recent articles, water law basics, links, about, contact and disclaimer). Therefore the Page Menu Bar has 7 Page Tabs. The Page Menu Bar is left-aligned.

ISSUE: I want the 7 Page Tabs to be equally spaced and justified across the entire width of the Menu Bar, using up all available space on the Menu Bar, like a text line can be justified in a word document.

Right now, although the 7 tabs appear equally spaced, I have unused space on the right side of the Menu Bar in most browsers, including Firefox and I.E.

I have the following HTML/CSS Insert presently in place:

}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active
{
padding: 4px 38px;
}

I want the height padding to remain 4px. However, I want Page Tabs to take up all space in the Menu Bar from the right edge to the left edge and be equally spaced.

Thank you kindly,

Paul
thewaterbrief.com
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:23 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would do that by
  • reduce the side padding on your <a> elements with something like the following
    HTML Code:
    div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a {
    padding: 4px;
    }
    You don't need a:hover, a:active, etc since you want them all the same.
  • Give each li a width and center the text with something like the following
    HTML Code:
    #rmenu2 li {
        width: 130px;
        text-align: center; 
    }
  • Play with that width to position as you want.
  • Play with
Of course now if you add any menu items you will have to fiddle with this again.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could also play with this
HTML Code:
div#menu1 ul#rmenu2 li.menu-item {width: 10%;}
div#menu1 ul#rmenu2 li.menu-item ul li {width: 100%;}
Old Oct 22, 2011, 02:01 PM
Water Brief

2 posts · Oct 2011
Thank you both for your very quick and helpful responses. The Page Tabs in my Menu Bar are now equally spaced and take up all available width in the Menu Bar. Just the way I want them.

Sincerely,

Paul
thewaterbrief.com