Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How do I change the word "blog" throughout this entire theme

Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:34 PM
Carl

4 posts · Oct 2011
Hi,

The word "blog" to me sounds like an intestinal disorder. I simply don't like it.

Can I change the word "blog" into something else, like "Journal"?

I saw a post about going to the "insert CSS" option, in order to change typeface. Where is the "insert CSS" option?

Can I use it to change the word "blog" into something else?

TIA

Carl
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Where do you see the word blog on your site? Do you have a link to your site? If you are talking about a word people see than most likely you can change it. If you are talking about the word blog in the code then the answer is your probably don't want to change it. If it helps blog is short for Web Log.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:27 PM
Carl

4 posts · Oct 2011
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I know "blog" is short for "web log", but I still dislike the word "blog". "Blog", to me personally, connotes a nasty intestinal disorder. For numerous reasons. I want to change every instance of the word "blog" in the Atahualpa code to something else, like "Journal".

I think I've gotten rid of most occurrences of the word "blog" by eliminating the option altogether. And opting for an external phpBB option.

The word "blog" still shows up on my iPad version of my page.

I just don't want my site to be associated with the word "blog".

I did find a way to get rid of "blogroll". I am, at the moment, trying to get rid of the word "blog" on my iPad version of my site.

Nothing personal - I just don't like the word "blog". It's a personal preference.

Thanks for posting. Check out this page on an iPad...

http://www.carlhafner.com/wp/

Thanks for your input!

Carl
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
'Blogroll' is part of the WordPress terminology, nothing to do with the theme. Check the links section of the WORDPRESS options

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 18, 2011 at 03:53 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 09:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your plugin wtouch pro is doing this, you need to talk to them.