Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Cannot modify header information

Old Oct 9, 2011, 08:14 PM
prathod

7 posts · Sep 2011
Hello,

I am adding user login and authentication to my website.

I am using following code in checklogin.php file:

try {
login($username, $password);
session_start();
$_SESSION['valid_user'] = $username;
header("Location: webpage1");
}catch (Exception $e){
header("Location: webpage2");
}

I am using login method to validate userid and password from database. After successful login the user goes to webpage1.

At webpage1, before displaying the content I am trying to verify - if the user really logged in. Just to make sure that someone should not access the webpage2 without proper authentication. Therefore, I am adding below code at the start of webpage1.

<phpcode>
<?php
session_start();
if(!session_is_registered(valid_user)){
header("Location: invalid login wbpage");
}
?>
</phpcode>

However, I am getting below error:

Warning:Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/foldername/websitename/wp-includes/link-template.php:1203) in /home/foldername/websitename/wp-content/plugins/pluginfolder/page.php on line 4

After reading some posts before, I removed any space at the end of page where ?> is present. But still not working.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks in Advance !
Old Oct 10, 2011, 05:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:58 AM
prathod

7 posts · Sep 2011
I am using WordPress 3.2.1 and Atahualpa 3.6.7

Please let me know, which URL shall I send it to you.

Thanks !

-----

Just an update...this code is working fine on localhost, but once I move it to host server I am getting that error. I have same WP and Atahualpa versions on localhost.

Thanks !

Last edited by prathod; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is the site's url - where I can see the issue
Old Oct 10, 2011, 01:39 PM
prathod

7 posts · Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
what is the site's url - where I can see the issue
See here :
Thanks !

Last edited by prathod; Oct 10, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Warning:Cannot modify header information –headers already sent by (output started at /home/unosatl/esatnebraska.org/wp-content/plugins/fv-wordpress-flowplayer/view/frontend-head.php:48) in /home/unosatl/esatnebraska.org/wp-content/plugins/exec-php/includes/runtime.php(42):eval()’d code on line 5
so this is saying that the plugin exec-php has an error evaluating some of your code.

This has nothing to do with the theme.
How many places have you put PHP code into a page or a widget? Remove them one by one till you find the offender.

Why are you coding a login your self and not using one of the login plugin's?
see [SOLVED] A login plugin that will point to two different pages depending...

Last edited by lmilesw; Oct 10, 2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:18 PM
prathod

7 posts · Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
so this is saying that the plugin exec-php has an error evaluating some of your code.

This has nothing to do with the theme.
How many places have you put PHP code into a age or a widget? Remove them one by one till you find the offender.

Why are you coding a login your self and not using one of the login plugin's?
see [SOLVED] A login plugin that will point to two different pages depending...
I do not have access to open the login page you mentioned...can you please help?

Thanks !
Old Oct 10, 2011, 03:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That thread is in the GOLD FORUM (available to users who have donated $20 or more) but it suggested using the 'Capability Manager' plugin