Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Update automation

Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:16 AM
dixonge

29 posts · Oct 2011
in a popup-camper
So from what I am reading, it is not recommended to use the built-in WordPress theme update for various reasons. My first thought would be to then use a child theme, but I have read that there are problems with that as well (at least for Atahualpa). Is there any sort of semi-automated workflow for this, or will I be forced to pull out my stone-aged FTP client?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 08:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
HOWTO: upgrade Atahualpa to a new version
Old Oct 7, 2011, 05:30 PM
dixonge

29 posts · Oct 2011
in a popup-camper
Yeah, I had already read that one.

Any suggestions for tracking changes and files? And is there any way to use an image that has already been uploaded to the default WP media folder?
Old Oct 7, 2011, 07:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Hang around for a while, the developer is working on some new 'stuff' for atahualpa
Old Oct 7, 2011, 07:16 PM
dixonge

29 posts · Oct 2011
in a popup-camper
This is great news!

Hope I don't come across as a whiner. I've already converted one site and have plans for at least one more conversion, possibly two more as well as a new site I haven't yet fired up. But as cool as this theme is, I actually abandoned WordPress at one point and moved to Tumblr just because I hated the update/upgrade process so much. I came back after they automated it. So basically I just hate having to FTP everything