Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » FAQ - Atahualpa » Header »

My header image jumps

Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are using fade in/out you may see an apparent jump of the image when the page first is loaded. It will depend on your image sized.

This is caused by the script that handles the fade in/out. This open source code was taken from the internet and the author acknowledges the issue but has decided to abandon the code.

With this in mind, feel free to use the fade in/out, but you will have to live with the issues
- if you have the blog title overlay, it will vanish
- the image is no longer clickable
- there might be a jump with the image.

You can always add a new widget area to the header and use a plugin like 'Dynamic Headers' inlace of the Atahualpa images in the header.

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 30, 2012 at 05:08 AM.