Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Rotating images, with fade: first one appears, briefly, then snaps to second. Rest OK

Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:59 AM
xonline

13 posts · Sep 2010
Hi
Great Forum - great theme.

I am using WordPress 3.2.1. and Atahalpa 3.6.7

I have 4 header images set to rotate (8 seconds) and fade (2 seconds).

However when the blog first loads, one of the images appears for about 1-2 seconds and then snaps (not fades) to the second image.

After that all works properly. I am viewing it in Firefox 6.0.2.

Unfortunately the initial load looks a bit naff.

Any ideas how to fix this please? Thanks, Phil
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:26 AM
juggledad

23,655 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do a forum search, the cause has been explained many times
Old Sep 20, 2011, 04:41 AM
xonline

13 posts · Sep 2010
Hi Juggledad

I had already done a forum search but could find no example of this precise error that was current versions.

A further search revealed this..

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...otating+images

which suggests removing spaces and says it is a known problem but is referring to old versions. (And I don't have spaces)

A clue would be nice....

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2011, 07:52 AM
juggledad

23,655 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...2492#post72492
Old Sep 20, 2011, 08:14 AM
xonline

13 posts · Sep 2010
Ok, that is helpful. And disappointing.

The bug that is described on that post is different to the one I was seeing where an image loaded and was quickly replaced.

Perhaps that is why I did not find it when I did search.

I have since applied the other three fixes and I now have the "jump to the right" problem that this other post describes.

Oh Hum....