Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

How can I style a thin blue line at top of posts?

Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
hi...

In a nutshell, I want fastharry.com to to have a minimalist look, and I have found one I like..'

http://www.dailyfinance.com/..

Basically, I want the post header black letter on white, and a thin blue line over the post title...

I have played around with the kicker styling but can't seem to get a color to appear...

Can this be done?

Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What you want is all very doable. It's a combination of going into some theme options such as ATO>Style Posts & Pages and perhaps adding some CSS to the CSS Inserts area. I would also set the with to a static 1000px.

Bottom line you have to get familiar enough with the options and CSS to do what you want. The hard part here is not knowing what you have already done. The page/post titles that you want black on white for instance are handled in the Style Posts & Pages as mentioned but if you already added some code to CSS Inserts you would have to make sure you don't conflict with that.

I wish I could be clearer and give you a step by step but unfortunately there isn't one that wouldn't take longer to explain than do.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 05:21 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Hi Larry..

I was probably a little too wordy in what I wanted. Basically, I wanted to know how to get the footer to appear in blue. And I figured it out. I had added color and background to the kicker box but I couldn't see it. But after I added %category% to the kicker homepage in the post/page info section, it appeared...Guess you need content to show it..

So I changed all the lettering in the headline box and now it looks like I wanted...

I do have one question though....under the %category% section on the post/page info section it says putting this in will Displays the name of the first category a post belongs to.

is there any way to set what the first category will be...or does it go by alphabetical order as it seems....

Thanks..

Check out the front page and let me know what you think...
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:31 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't know what the "official" definition of first category of a post is. I suspect it might be the one with the lowest id but I would have to test to be sure.