Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

how to extend the added image to your layout width in menu bars? and some other Q's

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old May 3, 2009, 11:36 PM
ppat2

23 posts · Dec 2008
hi Flynn,

I have been reading posts to add images to the menu bars. I have few questions and problem i came across.

when i add the code the following code, it works but it image only shows up until my last created page or category. how do i extend it all the way to my layout width? plz check my test site
HTML Code:
ul.rMenu li {
background: url(my/image);
padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;
}
if i use

HTML Code:
ul.rMenu {
padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px;
}
than the image works the way i want, but only problem is, the pages shows up like the default and cramped on the image which doesn't look good. is there a way to add transparency to your default menu bar so it blends in with my image? or any other good idea u might have?

also tried the code i found while reading posts, it doesn't work..my image just disappears ..

HTML Code:
div.rMenu-center {
}
2. how do i add different images for page menu and cat menu cuz when i add image with the code i have it shows up on both. what css code do i add to separate them?

3. my "Home" page link is always highlighted? how do i undo it?

i would really appreciate if you could tell me the exact code so it works properly, because code i tried from others responses did not work for my site..thanks a bunch.

(p.s. more donation coming from my end..thanks again for great job u have been doing )
Old May 5, 2009, 05:28 PM
Flynn

3,761 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Use the second one but add an ID or !important to override the existing padding

HTML Code:
ul.rMenu-hor {
background: url(my/image) repeat-x;
padding: 10px 20px 10px 20px !important;
}
HTML Code:
ul#rmenu2 {