Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Adding excerpt of latest post to front page

Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
JimSeybert

1 posts · Jun 2011
Arroyo Grande, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSeybert
Having grown tired of looking through dozens of forum posts and codex pages, I have decided to risk ridicule and ask what s probably a bonehead question:
How do I set up my front (static) page so that an excerpt of my latest blog post is displayed?
Is there a plugin, ATO setting, magic incantation? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Lots of Q&A about other things, but nothing so basic as how to make the post excerpt show on the home page.

Thanks for not biting me too hard.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 04:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
A static page does not show changing information by it's nature, that is why it is static. If you want to display the excerpt of the latest post ( a non static piece of information) you will have to use a plugin or page template. This is not a theme option.

Now you could make the front page display your posts and in the theme options, display only one post and display it as an excerpt. But I don't think that is what you are looking for.

Do a google search using 'wordpress plugin post on a page' or some other terms and see what you can find