Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Need sidebar text widget to contain (static) content for each page.

Old Aug 18, 2011, 02:36 PM
jms5017

115 posts · Jul 2010
NY/NJ Metro area
This is my second attempt at creating a WP site. I am using WP 3.2.1 and ATA 3.6.7 as a CMS The content will be changed 3 - 4 times a year by a non-technical office worker. (the site consists of only pages). The site is lombardofarms.com I want the sidebar to contain unique content for each page. For example, the "fresh produce" page would list the current, in-season produce. The firewood page would list the price of a cord, 1/2 cord, etc. of firewood.

I expected to be able to load content to each sidebar on each page in a fashion similar to how I load content to the main section.....but I can't seem to do that. The sidebar content seems to be associated with the entire site instead of a single page in the site. Help! What did I do wrong? Or what am I missing?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 03:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sidebars are 'sort of' static for the site. I say sort of because there plugins like 'widget logic' that allow you to display a widget on only certain pages. So you can set up your widgets in the sidebar and control what page to display it on.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 07:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are also Display Widgets and the newer Flexible Widgets plugins which allow you to display widgets on particular pages without having to look up code.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 02:21 PM
jms5017

115 posts · Jul 2010
NY/NJ Metro area
Thanks to both of you.