Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

sidebar widget is freacking out

Old Jul 14, 2011, 03:52 PM
cwjorgensen

27 posts · Nov 2010
Praestoe, Denmark
Send a message via Skype™ to cwjorgensen
I have latest WP and latest Atahualpa.
I use a random Images widget in sidebar but it keep faling out and mess up the other widget.
Has anyone a solution how to solve this problem.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 05:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the exact version of Atahualpa and WP?
what is the url?
what is the exact plugin? and what version is it?

your problem description is kind of vague...
Old Jul 16, 2011, 04:08 AM
cwjorgensen

27 posts · Nov 2010
Praestoe, Denmark
Send a message via Skype™ to cwjorgensen
Hi Huggledad

WP 3.2.1-DA

Atahualpa 3.6.7

Random Image Block Version 0.9.2 | Af Matt Rude

URL: www.thecookingaffair.com
---------
when I use Random Image widget - it make all other widget crash and delate them in the sidebar.
I have to start over again - install random image widget and update the webpage to have it function right.
Every time I put Random Image in the sidebar - latest post widget dissapears along with meta widget.
I manage to have twitter stay in the sidebar, but its strange.
I like the the Random Image widge but maybe thats the troublemaker. Do you know any other image viewer?
best wishes
Carsten
Old Jul 16, 2011, 06:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well, since the plugin hasn't been updated since January of 2009 and if when you use it it messes up all your other widgets, then I would suggest you contact the widget author or stop using the widget.

I installed it and have no noticeable issue.

When you say 'it make all other widget crash and delate them in the sidebar.' can you explain this a bit more?

You do know that wordpress puts some default widgets in the sidebar and they are there UNTIL you put a widget in the sidebar. At that point you are telling wordpress not to use the defaults because you want to control what is in the sidebars.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 16, 2011 at 06:35 AM.