Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget title is a mysterious color after a change and I can't get it back to #FFFFFF;

Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:26 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
My original issue is here http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14872 which was resolved but now in two widgets that are in the right sidebar (#text-4 and #events-widget-3) the "color:" has changed to a mysterious blue, #395DA5; I cannot find this color anywhere in CSS inserts or Style widgets - I even exported the ATA text file and searched that - I have no idea where it came from. I have tried all of the following to get the titles back to white to no avail. The site is http://strategicedgeinstitute.com/

Any ideas?

.widget-title {
color:#FFFFFF;
}

#widget-title {
}

div#widget-title {
}

#events-widget-3 .widget-title {
color:#FFFFFF !important;
}

.widget-title {
}

#widget-title {
}

div#widget-title {
}

#events-widget-3 .widget-title {
}

td#right .widget-title {
color: #FFFFFF;
}

Also, my page menu links now have underlines and I'm trying to remove those as well.

Thanks!
Thomas
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the code shows
HTML Code:
<font _moz-rs-heading="" target="_self" style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(59, 92, 167);">Upcoming Classes</font>
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:15 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks Juggledad - Is that the selector? _moz-rs-heading

Also, using Firebug, where do I see that?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
hmmm, it's not in the actual source, but the examine in Firebug is showing it.

try disabling all your plugins
Old Jul 13, 2011, 02:45 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
OK I'll try it but I haven't touched a plugin in weeks and the color has been #FFFFFF; and displaying just fine until I used Larry's code to properly underline the links but I can't see how that code which was simply:

#events-widget-3 a:hover {
text-decoration: none;
}
#events-widget-3 a {
text-decoration: underline;
}

would affect the widget-title. Also, when I comment out that code, the title color still shows blue..

regardless, I'll check the plugins. But for now, can you help me remove the underlines in all of the page menu selections?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:08 PM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Well I evidently do have control over the background color in ATA style widgets so I just made that white.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not clear on how you want the sidebar widget titles to show. Is there supposed to be a background color? Also you said that there were underlines in the menu bar and I don't see them.