Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

A Weekly Post view in date ascending order (oldest to newest)

Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:11 AM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
One of the sites I maintain has users that want to see a week's worth of posts ordered from oldest to newest. This was available on the old version of the site content, which was done mostly manually (via FrontPage).

With the move of the site to a new host, I moved the content to WordPress. But still some viewers liked the old 'last in first out' date order.

So, I modified JuggleDad's excellent STB template to do exactly that. A bunch of new code added to the STB template, so you can still use a custom_query to display only a specific category of posts.

Each page is *all* the posts for that week, in date (oldest to newest) order, with links to each individual post. A next week/previous week link to go backwards and forwards by week.

The result is shown here (excellent content there, btw): http://jerrypournelle.com/chaosmanor/?page_id=491 and http://jerrypournelle.com/chaosmanor/?page_id=429 (two pages with different custom_query values to get specific category).

If there is interest in this modified code, let me know and I'll post it here. It's not perfect, and could be more efficient, but it seems to work OK.

....Rick...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 06:37 AM
kunz

12 posts · Sep 2011
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickheck
If there is interest in this modified code, let me know and I'll post it here. It's not perfect, and could be more efficient, but it seems to work OK.
I can think of a few of my clients' who would like to order their posts this way - please do post your modification