Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to put adverts in posts?

Old Jul 8, 2011, 09:49 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I'm using Datafeedr Random Ads V2 on the side bar and it works really well, is it possible to use it under posts as well - at the moment I have google ads but I'd like to get rid of them.

I suppose I'm asking if it is possible to put a widget for Random ads under each post and how to do it. Assume I am an idiot so if you suggest code I'd need to know exactly where to put it.

website is www.lactivist.net

many thanks
Lisa
Old Jul 8, 2011, 09:54 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It seems I recall there is a plugin to put widgets in posts. I would do a search on wordpress.org.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 10:18 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
thank you but is there I way I can get it into the theme, I can't remember where I set it up so the google ads show up on the bottom of the posts, the plugin gives me code for each ad group I make - <?php if (function_exists('dfrads')) { echo dfrads('6405464'); } ?> is one of them - can I use the control panel of the theme and just add it somewhere?

would it work if I put it in addHTML/CSS Inserts - HTML Inserts: Body Bottom?

And how do I get rid of the google ads?

Last edited by moomum; Jul 8, 2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 02:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In Atahualpa 3.5.3 you should be able to add that code to the bottom of the loop in Style and Edit Center Column
Old Jul 8, 2011, 08:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you think you put it in a theme option but can't remember where, make a backup of your theme settings then go to each page and rest the options on that page to the default. You should be able to figure it out that way.

That is as long as you didn't go in and modify the theme code. In that case you need to find your notes, or replace the theme modules one by one.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:17 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I can see the files in the editor, I really don't have the skills to backup and restore things but if I can find the file I can delete the google code in there - where does the code you put in for style centre column end up? or to put it another way, what is the name of the actual file it adds to?

and if I add something below the loop can I take it away again?

This is what I see on the Style and Edit Centre Column page. I can only see one line of text to edit and I can't see what is actually there. I scroll to the end of that text either.

Last edited by moomum; Jul 9, 2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 03:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Disable all your plugins and look at it again
Old Jul 9, 2011, 06:14 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
ok, thanks I've disabled the plugins and found the adwords code on the footer section of Edit Post Info Items

but now I have lost the right inner sidebar on the home page! this is pretty urgent as I have advertisers on that sidebar

Can you tell me what the actual file is called please so I can check that rather than disable 18 plugins again - my site does not work without them at all.

the only thing I have changed is the footer section both on homepage and multipage and it looks like this on both of them.
Not sure how this has affected the side column
<image(comment-gray.gif)> %comments('Leave a comment', 'One comment', '% comments', 'Comments are closed')% &nbsp; <image(folder-gray.gif)> %categories-linked(', ')% %tags-linked('&nbsp; <image(tag-gray.gif)> ', ', ', ' &nbsp; ')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit', '')%<script type="text/javascript">

I've changed it so there is only one sidebar (right) instead of inner and outer and it still isn't showing on the homepage.

And I think I've found the plugin that stopped me seeing the info - the post to page converter

Last edited by moomum; Jul 9, 2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 06:53 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
i tried adding

<?php if (function_exists('dfrads')) { echo dfrads('2853043'); } ?>

to the content below the loop and I got
Method Not Implemented

GET to /wp-admin/themes.php not supported.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 06:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
What is the content of "The LOOP" in Style and edit Center Column. That would have been where I would have put code such as you are mentioning if you want it below each post.

If you want the ads below each post I would change my first suggest of where to put the code to Put it at the bottom of "The LOOP".

When you add something to the Theme Options such as "Content BELOW The LOOP" or "The LOOP" it doesn't make changes to the theme files so yes you can take it out if it doesn't work.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:03 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Thank you, I have this as the content of the LOOP but I get the 404 if I try to change things.
<?php /* For SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: */
bfa_next_previous_post_links('Top'); ?>

<?php /* Post Container starts here */
if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class("$odd_or_even"); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . $odd_or_even . ' post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } ?>

<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>

</div><!-- / Post -->
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:10 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Where did you add your advertisement code. Here is how I would add it. It's the second line from the bottom and would put the ad just below each post. It would be the same ad though.
HTML Code:
<?php /* For SINGLE post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation: */
bfa_next_previous_post_links('Top'); ?>

<?php /* Post Container starts here */
if ( function_exists('post_class') ) { ?>
<div <?php if ( is_page() ) { post_class('post'); } else { post_class("$odd_or_even"); } ?> id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="<?php echo ( is_page() ? 'page ' : '' ) . $odd_or_even . ' post" id="post-'; the_ID(); ?>">
<?php } ?>

<?php bfa_post_kicker('<div class="post-kicker">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_pagination('<p class="post-pagination"><strong>'.__('Pages:','atahualpa').'</strong>','</p>'); ?>

<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>

<?php if (function_exists('dfrads')) { echo dfrads('6405464'); } ?>

</div><!-- / Post -->
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:11 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
that is exactly what I tried to do, I'll just check the permissions and try again, nope, changed the whole theme folder to 777 and I still get the 404

any idea why the right column isn't showing on the first page or on categories?

Last edited by moomum; Jul 9, 2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:20 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I'm not sure about the 404. As for the sidebar what are the settings for right sidebar? Do you have all the boxes check and no page IDs listed in the "don't show on" box?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:25 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
yes I checked all the sidebar settings and that is fine, it should show up. it vanished when I took the adwords stuff away from footer homepage and footer multipage on the edit post/page info section.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:28 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I need to go out for an hour or so but I'll check back when I get home in case you have any ideas - I really appreciate your help so far!
Lisa
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
At this point I would really need to look "inside" the site. If you PM me a login I will see what I can find.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 03:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
There was some left over javascript code the Footer: Homepage and Footer: Multi Post Pages boxes. Probably left over from some other code that was there. When taken out all is good again.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 04:16 PM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
you are a genius! thank you so much, I'll paypal something over in a bit, not anything near what you are worth but a thank you at least.
I think it is the related posts plugin that does that, I've got the rotating posts working at the bottom of the posts as well, hooray, now I can go to bed before I break it again!

Last edited by moomum; Jul 9, 2011 at 04:21 PM.