Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How to change search results to show full posts instead of excerpts?

Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:41 PM
Fredo

11 posts · Aug 2010
Denver US
Hi, folks:

How can I change search results to show full posts instead of excerpts that currently display? Ideally, I would like an option in the search form to specify returning a list of excerpts or a list of entire posts.

Running Atahualpa 3.4.6 under WP 2.9.2. I examined wp-content/default/search.php, but can not find code specifying the_excerpt(). So I suspect Atahualpa may be handling the search?

Thanks for your help,

Fred
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look at the theme options in the excerpts section
Old Jul 6, 2011, 08:07 PM
Fredo

11 posts · Aug 2010
Denver US
Perfect! How did I miss it? :-)

I would like to see a search option to select excerpts or full posts. I don't think Atahualpa provides such an option.

Have you come across a search addon that might do that?

Thanks!

Fred

(BTW, you have helped me in the past, so I'll be sending a support donation.)