Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Split right sidebar to 2 sidebars

Old Jul 1, 2011, 01:12 AM
fsastrow

14 posts · Jun 2011
Hi all,

Can I ask how to split right sidebar widget area to 2 widget areas? I want to split it to 2 rows: top and bottom rows.

basically like this:

top row widget area
bottom row widget area

I know we can add extra widget in header, center column or footer, but I don't know how to add it in the existing sidebars.

Actually I want to do it cos I want to add separate backgrounds for the widgets. I want the top row widgets to have transparent background and the bottom row widgets to have colored background

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 1, 2011, 03:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could just use CSS to color the individual widgets backgrounds
Old Jul 1, 2011, 04:22 AM
fsastrow

14 posts · Jun 2011
well, i thought about that.
but what about if the widget is just an arbitrary text or html?

can we just use <body bgcolor="#FF0000">arbitrary text or html</body>?

sorry I'm quite new to wordpress coding so I'm not sure yet of what i'm doing
Old Jul 1, 2011, 04:40 AM
fsastrow

14 posts · Jun 2011
ah, now I know I can use the

<div style="background-color:#ffffff; padding: 0px;">arbitrary text or html</div>

and put it in the widget, but the problem is I want to apply the background to the widget container and not only the body

is there any way to do that?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 04:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
each widget should have a unique <div id="..."> you can tag off of.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 05:11 AM
fsastrow

14 posts · Jun 2011
did you mean i should do it like for example this?

<div id="fb-root" style="background-color:#FFFFFF;">something something</div>

I did it in the appearance=>widget, and still doesn't work. Am I wrong?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 07:06 AM
fsastrow

14 posts · Jun 2011
now I can create the new widget area already using some silly html codes. but I still don't know how to change the style for the widget area, since atahualpa's widget style applies for every widget areas.
even though I create a new widget area, that widget area will still be affected by the atahualpa's widget area style

does anybody know how to change the style for each widget areas?

this is a very great and highly customizable theme. love it!

as always, thanks in advance
Old Jul 1, 2011, 07:19 AM
fsastrow

14 posts · Jun 2011
ah my bad. there's already some solutions present in the forum. thanks everybody! solved! ^^