Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Lost text widget contents after upgrading to 367; where were they?

Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:39 PM
manxman

1 posts · Jun 2011
I did a database backup before the upgrade. Did an auto upgrade (bad me!) and it trashed my entire theme install. Manually installed 367 but now all my text widgets are gone. Checked the backup and cannot find them. Lots of custom text in the sidebars via Text Widget and gone!

Where were they so I can make sure they are backed up next time?

thank you

Richard

p.s. just read on another forum that a WP export is NOT a full backup, and the options table is probably where this data "was". I have done further investigation, and found most of the lost data. It was not destroyed, although one important bit of data was somehow lost (seemingly).

Last edited by manxman; Jun 13, 2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 08:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
All that info is in the database although I have never had a problem with widgets disappearing unless I went to a totally different theme.