Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

PHP code appearing in CSS output

Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:46 PM
mjpg

4 posts · Jun 2011
Atahualpa 3.6.7

I'm seeing this PHP code in the CSS output:

div.sticky {
background: #eee url('<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/images/sticky.gif') 99% 5% no-repeat;

I have some CSS inserts. This seems to happen whatever the CSS setting s(eg compressd, external etc.)

Is this a bug?

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2011, 01:56 PM
mjpg

4 posts · Jun 2011
Aha...
Answering my own post:

In Atahualpa Options in WP > Style POSTS and PAGES > POST Container: STICKY
the default contains PHP code - this probably is a hangover from an older version?

My solution - to chnage the default in this page, but it probbaly needs a fix in bfa_get_options.php line 311?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Due to a WordPress requirement for themes, themes can no longer use the EVAL() function. This
means that since 3.6.5 custom PHP code isn't possible anymore in the Atahualpa Theme Options.

Atahualpa was one of few themes, if not the only theme, to allow custom PHP code to be inserted through theme options. The philosophy as to what themes should or should not be able to do (i.e. which PHP functions they can use) has been tightened up quite a bit lately by WordPress, so in order to stay listed on wordpress.org we had to remove this 'custom PHP' feature.

Check wordpress.bytesforall.com and forum.bytesforall.com for possible workarounds or even alternative theme versions, if you cannot live without custom PHP.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 02:27 PM
mjpg

4 posts · Jun 2011
Many thanks for your reply - I thought it was the PHP change and you have confirmed it.

However the issue left is that the default install has the PHP code there and so needs removing.

I'm new here - where is the best place to post bug report?

Thanks
Old Jun 13, 2011, 04:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It's not a bug. It is there so you can go remove it from the theme option or decide to roll back to 3.6.4. if you want to still use it.