Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

align the image container right and narrower than the fixed width

Old Jun 3, 2011, 03:05 PM
hiinxy

16 posts · Oct 2010
Nottingham, UK
Hi guys, thanks for a top theme. I have worked with previous versions of Atahualpa and now just starting a new site build. I think version 3.6.7 may be the way to go for this project but requires the following:

Assuming a fixed width of 1000px, would it be possible to run the imagecontainer at say width:795px and height:600px and floated right so its almost a square with the top nav above. Then move the left widget area up to align with the top of the imagecontainer?

This would only be on the home page of the site as there are no slider images required elsewhere.

If it would help to see the site my client wants to use the homepage from it is: http://www.livingwell.com/ Just the logo, tagline, square image container, top nav and left nav (aligned at top)

Thanks in advance!

Dave
Old Jun 3, 2011, 04:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can't float the image container to the right of the sidebar as these two items are in separate cells of a table. You can use a plugin like Blog Introduction though. It allows you to put content on the front page in the area you are talking about.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 05:26 PM
hiinxy

16 posts · Oct 2010
Nottingham, UK
Thanks for the info Larry. I'll give it a go. On a slightly different slant, is there a bug with the image rotation in 3.6.7? I can't get 3 images rotating so I have uploaded the same files to a test site I use with version 3.4.9 and used all the same settings, everything rotates fine in the old one. I notice that 3.4.9 doesnt have JS fade in and timings though. Any ideas?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 06:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you applied the three 3.6.7 bug fixes as shown in the New Versions and Updating thread?