Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Footer That Extends Full Width Of Page And Works Into Current Background

Old May 31, 2011, 01:35 PM
Graytness

19 posts · Jul 2010
Ok, so here is what I'm looking to do. Whether it's possible or not, that has yet to be seen. Actually, whether it's possible for a noob like me is probably more accurate.

Here is my page:
www.uphereinmytree.com
(Don't judge...just started work on it)

In terms of the current layout, the blue top and the white ground are part of the background image. The title text, the tree, and the people silhouette's are the header with a transparent background.

I was thinking that I'd like the bottom of the page to "mirror" the top of the page. That is, go from white to blue along the bottom and I was going to have a white silhouette root design in the blue footer. I designed it all in Photoshop without thinking that the footer box didn't span the whole width of the page. Is this even possible?

I know that I could have built that into the background, but how would that work on a page that's height varies depending on the content? To me, that doesn't seem to be the right answer to this problem.

I hope this makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 31, 2011, 07:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is a possible solution.
Old May 31, 2011, 10:05 PM
Graytness

19 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you! That looks like a great solution to my problem. Much appreciated. I'll let you know how it worked.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 04:14 PM
Graytness

19 posts · Jul 2010
I spoke too soon. I entered the code, but nothing happened. Is it possible that it's simply being covered by the other background?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 04:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
What code did you enter? Do you have a link so we can take a look?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 01:35 PM
Graytness

19 posts · Jul 2010
I entered the following bit of code into the ATO > Add HTML / CSS Inserts section. I put it in the CSS Inserts box:

html {background:#ffffff; background-image: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/image.gif) repeat-x bottom center;}

I also removed the background-color from ATO > Body, Text, and Links, as per the link you provided.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 03:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You can't have more than an image in a background-image declaration. You either need to use separate css for position etc. or just use background shorthand which would look like the following.
HTML Code:
html {
background:#ffffff url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/image.gif) repeat-x bottom center;
}
Old Jun 4, 2011, 09:07 AM
Graytness

19 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you! That did the trick. Now I just have to tweak the layout and decide if I can make it look good. Is there any way to remove the "Powered By Wordpress and Atahualpa" text? I have no problem including that information in a custom footer, but was curious if there was a way to remove that text.

Thanks again for all of your help!
Old Jun 4, 2011, 09:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Is there any way to remove the "Powered By Wordpress and Atahualpa" text?
there is a thread in the Gold Forum tutorials explaining how to do that. The Gold Forum is available to members who have donated $20 or more.