Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Place the Category Menu above the center area

Old Jan 30, 2009, 06:40 AM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Greetings to All,

First of all, thanks Flynn for this template! I learn a lot using it, and I really enjoy the elegance and flexibility of it!

http://www.most.tegyen.com - This is the webpage I am working on.

How could I align the Category Menu, so it would start where the center area starts? (Now it is aligned with the edge of the whole body, starting above the left side.)
Or (and), how could the Category Menu be centered within the central area?

Thanks a lot!

Friendly greetings,

Tamas
from Hungary
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:33 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Moving the menu inside the middle column would require quite a few changes.

To center the menu, (similar to http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=122 )

Change functions/bfa_header_config.php, line 29

PHP Code:
$cat_menu_bar '<div id="menu2"><ul id="rmenu" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu">' "\n"

to

PHP Code:
$cat_menu_bar '<div id="menu2"><div class="clearfix rMenu-center"><ul id="rmenu" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu">' "\n"
and, line 40

PHP Code:
$cat_menu_bar .= '</ul></div>' "\n"

to

PHP Code:
$cat_menu_bar .= '</ul></div></div>' "\n"

and at Atahualpa Theme Options -> HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts, add, for instance, this:

HTML Code:
      ul#rmenu {
border: 0;
}
div.rMenu-center {
border: dashed 1px #000;
}
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This thread is acting weird (reply button hangs), adding another reply...
Old Jan 30, 2009, 02:30 PM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Thanks, Flynn, for the quick answer...
There might be a problem with it... as at the end there is an "Edit" button in fade, and next to it a cicling icon moving.
Is the answer what I see is complete? Or the system cut off part of it? As you wrote: "This thread is acting weird "... yes, it is.
No other other reply is seen here...

Can you, please, tell me, if the post is complete, or some more instructions are missing.

Thanks!

Tamas
Old Jan 30, 2009, 02:36 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The post is complete, I was just referring to the rotating thing that won't go away.

I was able to delete it

Last edited by Flynn; Jan 31, 2009 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Was able to delete the rotating icon
Old Feb 1, 2009, 01:48 AM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Thanks, Flynn!

It is a bit complicated, however, I will try it. :-)

Friendly greetings

Tamas
Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:13 PM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Hi Flynn!

So, I have made the 3 changes... 2 in the php file and one in the Atahualpa Theme Options.

Unfortunately... the menu is still on the left!

See: http://www.coaching.tegyen.com/, please.

What to do??? Please, help, as my CSS knowledge is fare too limited to understand what we did...

Thanks, again... and greetings

Tamas
Old Feb 4, 2009, 02:24 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That menu bar you're using on your site is a page menu, not categories as you said, and you appear to not have made the changes either, or did you change it back? Note how - in the code in this and the other thread - the menu bar is being wrapped into an additional
HTML Code:
<div class="clearfix rMenu-center">
and
HTML Code:
</div>
Please try again, and since yours is a Page Menu Bar, use the instructions in this thread http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=122

Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:08 AM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Dear Flynn!

I am sorry for my mistakes. Yes, you are right, I wrote Category menu instead of Page menu. Yes, I am using the Page menu.
And, sorry again, I moved the homepage to http://www.coaching.tegyen.com/, what I forgot to mention.
:-(

Thanks for the quick and useful answer!

It works, I went through the description at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=122
and now the menu is centered: http://www.coaching.tegyen.com/

However, now the color of it is white... around the menu points, and there is a little white line between the image and the menu.
As the image itself is "based on" a black ground, I would like to extend it black for the menu itself, without white line and black all long of the size of the image.
I am using bigger font in the Page Menu, 24px now.

I guess there is something more to add into to the CSS... but what?
:-)

Thanks a lot for your time and for your help!

Friendly greetings,

Tamas

Last edited by Tamas; Feb 5, 2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 05:08 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Add this as CSS Insert

HTML Code:
div.rMenu-center {
background: #000000;
border: solid 1px #000000;
}
Old Feb 5, 2009, 08:07 AM
Tamas

21 posts · Jan 2009
Hungary
Yes!!!!!!!!!
It works!
Thanks a lot, Flynn!!!

:-)

Greetings,

Tamás
Old Apr 4, 2009, 09:36 PM
ccw

8 posts · Apr 2009
First off, I'd just like to say how great this theme is. I'm completley new to Wordpress and I wouldn't have been able to get started without this theme.

My question

I've used your above instructions to center my category menu bar. It worked fine, but now I have a dashed border outlining the bar except where there are menu items. I'd like to have no border at all. Can this be accomplished?

Thanks
Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That's probably caused by this in your CSS Insert

HTML Code:
 div.rMenu-center {
border: dashed 1px #000;
}
Remove the line with border: or replace it with border:0; if that doesn't work. If that doesn't work either post a URL please