Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page menu not working properly in IE6 and IE7

Old May 20, 2011, 08:09 AM
Lepus

2 posts · Nov 2010
I am pretty new to using Wordpress and think Atahualpa is brilliant, but I have come up against a problem with the dropdown page menu not working properly in IE6, IE7, AOL (says its IE8) and other Trident-based browsers. What happens is the second and third levels do not display, or they display and some text disappears. Mostly you can get the text back by hovering over but not always.

I was initially using the new WP menu system but came across a post on the forum that said Atahualpa didn't support them - though that was some time back - but I tried reverting back to just using the standard page menu. No difference.

I am using Ata 3.6.7 on WP 3.1.2 with BuddyPress 1.2.8 and BuddyPress Template Pack 1.0.2

In addition I have some other problems with elements not rendering properly in IE etc. such as a widget/form to link to Mail Chimp.

Across all browsers the dropdown slides behind some page elements such as flickr and WP-Cumulus.

Any help would be very welcome. Thanks in anticipation.
Old May 20, 2011, 08:30 AM
Lepus

2 posts · Nov 2010
Is the common thread in my problems jquery?