Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

3.6.4 to 3.6.7

Old May 17, 2011, 04:21 PM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Hi (especially juggledad)
ATA 3.6.4 WP 3.1.2
Is manual update still the preferred method of updating from 364 to latest version ???
I have uploaded header images and added contents at "add html/css inserts" in theme options as well as altered numerous other 'things' in options.
Old May 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Both Juggledad and I prefer the manual method to update. It gives us a level of comfort to know that if something isn't right with the new version you can just switch back.
Old May 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I always do my updates manually - If you have custom header mages, they will get wiped out with an automatic upgrade and if you manually install the release in a folder called atahualpa367 you can have both in the theme picker, so you can swap back if something is not working.

In 3.6.7 most custom PHP will not work in the theme options and there are a couple BUGFIX's already
Old May 18, 2011, 02:47 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
I have followed the above sound advice for sometime now, manual updates only, for both WP and Atahualpa theme, and it only takes up a few minutes of ones time.

It's great to be able to switch back to a previous version of Atahualpa theme, for whatever reason.
Old May 18, 2011, 04:39 AM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks everyone

I will set some time aside next week and follow juggledads procedure (with my fingers crossed in case I screw up - not the instructions)
Old May 18, 2011, 04:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Most everyone is a bit anxious the first few times they do upgrades but after a few you will start to get comfortable.