Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

I cannot exclude pages from page menu bar

Old May 17, 2011, 11:38 AM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
I am using wp 3.1.2 and ATA 3.6
Link to the page in question is http://heavenlyheadmassage.com/registration/
I am trying to have a page which does not show the page menu bar. I listed that page's number in MENU 1 - EXCLUDE PAGES FROM PAGE MENU BAR. But the menu bar still shows up. How can I get it to disappear?
Old May 17, 2011, 12:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
are you using the automatic Atahualpa menu's or did you create the menu using WP? If you use the WP menu, you have to remove it from your menu manually in the WP Menu section.
Old May 17, 2011, 12:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shama
I listed that page's number in MENU 1 - EXCLUDE PAGES FROM PAGE MENU BAR.
Listing that pages id in that box just tells WP to not show that page in the menu bar. It is not for removing the menubar from that page.
Old May 17, 2011, 01:45 PM
Shama

76 posts · Jun 2010
I have to admit that I am not sure what you mean. I used ATA options to create the menu bar. When you ask if I created them with wp, do you mean if I created custom menus in wp? I did not do that.
Looking in wp menu section I don't see any option for removing any menu items manually.

I understand now that the ATA "exclude pages from menu bar" option is not designed to get rid of the menu bar. Is there any other option in ATA that enables me to get rid of the menu bar on just one specific page?
Old May 17, 2011, 01:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can use css to do that. something along the lines of

body.page-id-55 #menu1 {display:none;}

which says on page 55 don't display the element with an ID of 'menu1'

Last edited by juggledad; May 17, 2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old May 17, 2011, 06:20 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I would create a new page template, minus the navigation, then use that page template for that page.

Last edited by Jam; May 17, 2011 at 06:26 PM.