Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Moving Sidebar to the top


  #1  
Old May 13, 2011, 07:29 AM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Hi, I am building a new site at

http://kleinehunderassen.com/
WP Version: 3.1.2
Ata Version:3.6.4

Is there a way that I can make the right sidebar move to the top? I mean that the content of that sidebar starts at the top of the page, not below the header. Thanks, SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog
  #2  
Old May 13, 2011, 08:33 AM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,672 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Not really. the page is made up of three sections, the HEADER, the MIDDLE and the FOOTER. These sections are rows of a table,

The MIDDLE row of this table, has one to five TABLE CELL's: the left sidebars, the center and the right sidebars

the cells of one table row can't go up into the row above it.
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #3  
Old May 13, 2011, 08:53 AM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Thanks Juggledad What would be then the code I need to insert to create a widget area (one cell) that occupies the top right corner of the screen? Aesthetically that would have the same effect I tried several out, but always ended up with the widget displaying under the header Thanks again, SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog
  #4  
Old May 13, 2011, 09:04 AM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,672 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
create a new widget area in the 'configure Header area' option and then position it with CSS
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #5  
Old May 13, 2011, 09:19 AM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
create a new widget area in the 'configure Header area' option and then position it with CSS
Yup, created new widget and I know where to add the CSS insert BUT I don't speak CSS Any chance you could give me a hand / hint? SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog
  #6  
Old May 13, 2011, 09:32 AM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by hospitalera
Yup, created new widget and I know where to add the CSS insert BUT I don't speak CSS Any chance you could give me a hand / hint? SY
Next problem: I put in the following code: <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Headban'); ?> but after saving it says only <?php bfa_widget_area('Headban'); ?>

Why did Ata strip the name= part out? SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog
  #7  
Old May 13, 2011, 01:21 PM
lmilesw's Avatar
lmilesw
 
10,174 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did the widget area get created? If it did what is the name that is desplayed on the widget area in Appearance>Widgets?
__________________
~Larry (CNY Web Designs)
This site should be a membership site since it so full of good stuff.
Please consider donating which gives you access to even more good stuff.
  #8  
Old May 13, 2011, 01:43 PM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Did the widget area get created? If it did what is the name that is desplayed on the widget area in Appearance>Widgets?
Yes, the area was created fine, but the widget was 'namelos' SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog
  #9  
Old May 13, 2011, 04:15 PM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,672 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The only thing I can think of is that there was a type originally that caused it.

1) remove any widgets you put in the area
2) remove the code that created the widget area
3) view the front page
4) go to ato->Add new WIDGET AREAS->Delete custom Widget Areas and follow the directions

Then you can try creating it again. This time make a copy of the code and paste it into a text file so you know you will have what you used in case it doesn't work again. then you can paste exactly what you used in a reply for us to look at.
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #10  
Old May 14, 2011, 01:35 AM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
The only thing I can think of is that there was a type originally that caused it.

1) remove any widgets you put in the area
2) remove the code that created the widget area
3) view the front page
4) go to ato->Add new WIDGET AREAS->Delete custom Widget Areas and follow the directions

Then you can try creating it again. This time make a copy of the code and paste it into a text file so you know you will have what you used in case it doesn't work again. then you can paste exactly what you used in a reply for us to look at.
Thanks, that worked now! I have now a basic widget area in the header, what is now the code to put into the CSS inserts in order to get the widget into the top right corner? Thanks again, SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog
  #11  
Old May 14, 2011, 05:23 AM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,672 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you put anything into the widget area yet? I don't see it in the source code.
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #12  
Old May 14, 2011, 05:57 AM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
have you put anything into the widget area yet? I don't see it in the source code.
Nothing in there, put will do so shortly, thanks! SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog
  #13  
Old May 14, 2011, 06:00 AM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by hospitalera
Nothing in there, put will do so shortly, thanks! SY
OK, that widget has now an image in it and as you can see it is under the header image. Any possibility to adjust it that it is in the top right corner, overlaying the white space of the header? SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog
  #14  
Old May 14, 2011, 06:45 AM
juggledad's Avatar
juggledad
 
23,672 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this in the CSS Inserts - you will have to play with it a bit
HTML Code:
#headban {position: relative; margin-top: -135px;
float: right;
margin-right: 10px;}
__________________
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
  #15  
Old May 14, 2011, 06:57 AM
hospitalera
 
72 posts · Mar 2009
Prague
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
try this in the CSS Inserts - you will have to play with it a bit
HTML Code:
#headban {position: relative; margin-top: -135px;
float: right;
margin-right: 10px;}
Perfect! That gave me a good starting point, thanks again! SY
__________________
Hospitalera's Blog

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Moving left sidebar - CSS styling for td#left Wimbledon Sidebars & Widgets 4 Oct 26, 2010 10:39 PM
[SOLVED] Moving center area on top of header image Wimbledon Center area post/pages 2 Oct 25, 2010 09:44 PM
Moving page links from top to left hand column jasonjm75 Sidebars & Widgets 1 Apr 1, 2010 05:23 AM
Moving feed links to top of the page pedja RSS, Feeds & Subscribing 2 Apr 30, 2009 11:17 AM
Moving the top menu bar sparksmex Header configuration & styling 1 Apr 22, 2009 06:34 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.