Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Menu Drop Down not showing

Old Apr 29, 2011, 05:49 AM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,
ATA 3.6.4 WP 3.1.2
I have looked for hours in theme options and the forum to find what must be a simple procedure (and feel foolish) how do I get my sub pages to show as a drop down in a test site cumbriawebdesigners-testsite9.com and the sidebar menu.
I have such as 'Enjoy' as a page with enjoy test 1, 2, 3 as sub pages of it.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) are you using the new Wordpress menu or the automatic Atahualpa generated menu?
2) what do you have coded in the option 'ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:49 AM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Using ATA for top menu with WP for sidebar menu ( I am am having trouble understanding ATA for the side bar menu, I will need to style the sidebar menu shortly)

Configure header area is %logo %bar1 %image %bar2 %pages (I used %page-center instead of %pages before trying the following code)

css inserts
#rmenu2 a {
padding: 5px 0 0 150px !important;
/*padding: 5px 35px 0 110px !important;*/
}
#rmenu2 {
width: 1024px;
margin-right: auto;
margin-left: auto;
}

div#menu1 {
border: dashed 0px #fff;

}
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Are all the pages actually published?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 07:43 AM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Yes all published
I have just double checked and all the pages are shown as published in Dashboard page area.
I can see on the site 4 main pages being Home, Eat, Sleep & Enjoy by clicking on the menu links the remaining 9 test pages show as published.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
send me a PM with a admin ID/pw and I'll take a look
Old Apr 29, 2011, 11:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, you were using a WordPress menu.

If you create a wordpress menu and then use that menu in the 'Menu 1' section it is used in place of the %pages automatic menu for wordpress. This is how you can customize your own menu, but remember when you build a wordpress menu, you must build ALL of what you want to see. You must create the subpages (drag them to the right under the parent page.)

I moved the 'side_bar_menu1' to the 'Menu 2' slot, so it will show if you use %cats in the header area.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 02:55 PM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Hi juggledad
Thank you for what you have done and I am following most of what you are saying but although your solution has given me a drop down menu it is virtually unusable.
I now have a dropdown coloured area with the sub menus to the right hand site of that area and the links are difficult to select.
What can I or indeed what can be done to make this work.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 03:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Try removing the CSS you added
Old Apr 29, 2011, 03:51 PM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Again Thank You
to finish this problem please point me in the direction of how to give greater separation to the 4 x top menu items but still keep them centered. I wish to have them spread across most of the horizontal space.

Once this problem is solved I will be looking to deal with the side bar menu to give them more vertical separation but that is for tomorroww!!!
Old May 2, 2011, 04:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This is where you want to get FireBug in FireFox so you can examine the elements and play with the CSS live. You can change the CSS and see the results. You will probably want to add some 'padding-right' to each of the menu items.
Old May 2, 2011, 05:11 AM
quintain

68 posts · Nov 2010
Hi Juggledad
I hope you had a pleasant weekend. In the UK (don't know where you are) we have had a little wedding and wonderful weather and now celebrating May Day. Hopefully the country will go back to work tomorrow and earn some money to pay us poor pensioners our pension.
I have Firebug but not yet used it, I will try and see how to do so, someone must have put an idiots guide on utube.
I am trialling "jQuery Mega Menu" to see if I can give some character to a left sidebar menu but so far it is not looking particulary good.
I have taught myself how to use contact form 7 over the weekend so I am progressing.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Check out the Firebug site.