Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Does menu 2 Categories have tab drop down.

Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:42 PM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
I am using WP3.1.1 Atahualpa 3.5.3.

To get more space on my side Column I wanted to us the Categories menu bar instead of the side Widget. Created a menu and put it in menu position 2. changed Header area to %pages %cats and got my 2 menu bars. Pages bar and just below the Categories bar.
Now the page menu bar has drop down tabs working OK but the Categories menu bar does not have drop down tabs although I have the categories set as the parent. Is this normal not to have drop down tabs on the categories menu bar or have I missed something. I tried to remove the page menu bar but it made no difference
I do not have a URL as it is on my localhost test site. I always check any changed or plugins on this localhost before I do anything to my actual site.

Thanks, Bob
Old Apr 25, 2011, 03:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Eport your atahualpa settings and attach to a reply
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:35 AM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Exported file attached,

Thanks bob
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-localhost-20110425.txt (19.5 KB, 822 views)
Old Apr 25, 2011, 07:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Also are you using the WP menu system or are you creating categories and sub-categories? It's not quite clear what you mean when you say you have the categories set as the parent.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:36 AM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
I want main category on the category bar and sub-categories as drop down. In the side categories widget the sub-categories are indented, but in the cat menu bar it does not drop down to show sub-categories.

I hope this makes sense.

Just went back to WP menu system and noticed all categories appear as a list and I do not see how to have a sub-categories in this list.

Bob

Last edited by 2BRetired; Apr 25, 2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you made the menu you are using for the %cats (menu 2) did you add any sub-pages?
Remember, when you use the new wordpress menu's you are responsible for building the entire menu structure, sub-pages and all.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:07 AM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Not quite sure what you mean, how do I add sub-pages, they should already be there as they appear in the side widget.

Maybe that is the problem I do not see sub-menus in the WP-menu option so how do I add sub-menu?

Thanks bob
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:20 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
At the top right of the WP menu page click on "Help" there are links to documentation for the WP menu there.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:52 AM
2BRetired

50 posts · Jan 2011
Thank you, thank you.

Normally I go to help but I must have got side tracked.

It is working now, all I needed was to grab the categories and move it slightly to the right and it became a sub-category, simple.

Always the simple gotchas.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, although it is a little embarrassing I missed help.

Bob