Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Text trailing to end of page - stop it please!

Old Apr 11, 2011, 02:16 PM
Craig Atkinson

53 posts · Mar 2009
Hello
You can see what I'm discussing here: http://www.craigatkinson.co.uk/category/news
as you can see, the text trails to the end of the page. What I would like is for the text to sit within a space of about 600px. I tend to use 700px wide images in posts and would like the post text to come just short of the image.
I can't set the blog to a max width because by doing that the left sidebar will no longer be flush with the left of the window.
Is there a way I can do this?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I assume you mean the 'edge' of the page as opposed to the bottom which I take to mean the bottom of the page

Technically the text and images should all be part of the center area and how wide it is. one idea is to add a right sidebar, that is 100px wide, put in a single text widget (to prevent the default widgets from showing. and not the text should stop at the 600px wide center, but the image 'may' overlap the sidebar

doesn't hurt to experiment.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 03:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could use a table or divs.