Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Removing the Left Side Bar

Old Mar 27, 2011, 03:14 PM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
Hello,

I know that there is a sticky that addresses this question. However, that sticky is now about 5 months old. There must have been a new version of Atahualpa because the information in the sticky is not the same as in the current version of Atahualpa. For example the bit of code that is to be removed from header.php is not what I see when I open header.php. Nonetheless I attempted to rearranged the code as suggested and all I got was a jumbled mess.

Here is what I'd like to do. I would like to have only a right sidebar with the widgets; Recent Posts, Categories, Archives, and Meta. I don't need a blogroll or the Simple Text Widget.

Also can I manage the Atahualpa widgets with the Widget controls in the WP dashboard?

Finally I would like to be able to add a link to the main menubar to an external website.

Thanks,

Mike
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you want to remove the left sidebar (or any of the sidebars) go to ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS and 'uncheck' the appropriate options
Old Mar 27, 2011, 05:34 PM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
Hello,

Thank you, that worked...but now the widgets that were in the left side bar are gone....In the Style & Configure Sidebars section the area titled RIGHT sidebar: Display on: Has all of the options checked on, but not all are showing up. I would like to have only Recent Posts, Categories, Archives, and Meta in the right sidebar. I don't need a blogroll or the Simple Text Widget.

Also how can I add a new link to the menu bar to an external page?

Thanks,

Mike
Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
WordPress by default displays several widgets UNTIL you add a widget to a sidebar. So if you want to show a widget, go to dashboard->appearances->widget and drag the widgets you want to the sidebar you want them in.

If you want a link in the sidebar, use the 'text' widget and add the HTML you need for the link
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:28 PM
mdelaflor

22 posts · Jul 2010
Texas
Yes that worked...thank you. I am still trying to figure out how to add simple link to the menu bar.