Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

pagnation broken on single page after upgrade to 3.6.x

Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:27 PM
johanM

16 posts · Jun 2010
Hello,

I am wondering if my problem is theme related, I had <!--nextpage> on a single page as it works correctly on ata 3.5.3, but not 3.6.1 or 3.6.4. The pagination seem works, but the permalinkfor page 1 on 3.6.x is not generated regardless which page I clicked, I manually added wp_link_pages() to the theme option center content it doesn't resolve the link problem either. The html code is always like

Code:
<p class="post-pagination"><strong>Pages:</strong> 1 <a href="/mainpage/2/">2</a> <a href="/mainpage/3/">3</a>...</p>
there is never a page 1 link generated. It could be the conflict between ata 3.6.x and wp 3.1, because I switched between twenty-ten and k2 as well as switch back to 3.5.3 and the pagination works on the same page but not both 3.6.1 and 3.6.4.

Does anyone know which theme file to look for? Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just tested and got the same results. I have passed this along to the developer. You could always use 3.5.3 for the time being.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ths works fine for me
1) I'm on 3.6.4
2) I have a page with multiple '<!--nextpage-->' on it (in the original post you have '<!--nextpage>' was that a typo?)
3) when I go to page 3 I can link to page 1 or 2 and see this in the source
HTML Code:
<p class="post-pagination"><strong>Pages:</strong> <a href="http://mydomain.org/wordpress/test/">1</a> <a href="http://mydomain.org/wordpress/test/2/">2</a> 3</p>
4) my permalink is set to 'Month and name'

try disabling all your plugins to see if there is a conflict
What is the url?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:22 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Working too late and too lazy to deactivate plugins which I just did and the pagination works. Now I will find out which is the culprit.

After testing it turned out to be a premium plugin I was testing so is most likely not the same one causing the issues for @johanM

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 25, 2011 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Finished testing
Old Mar 25, 2011, 09:28 PM
johanM

16 posts · Jun 2010
Yes, that was typo, forget -->. I changed to /%monthnum%/%postname% , not moving still. I may just use 3.5.3 before figure it out. Thank you.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 03:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you try deactivating your plugins?