Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

How to add facebook like button after read more

Old Feb 20, 2011, 02:14 PM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
I'd like to add a facebook like button at the end of my excerpt, right after the read more text.
I would like to have it there, so it doesn't go below the post image, which is what happens if I put it in the footer.
I'm using the iframe code, since I want to limit the number of plugins. I tried to paste the iframe code at the end of the custom read more code, but I get a strange behavior.
Where should I put this code?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why are you using an iframe?
What is the code?
try wrapping the code in a div like
HTML Code:
 [...]<div class="facebook-thing"> hello </div>
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:17 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
why are you using an iframe?
What is the code?
try wrapping the code in a div like
HTML Code:
 [...]<div class="facebook-thing"> hello </div>
This is the code I'm using
Code:
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=<?php echo urlencode(get_permalink($post->ID)); ?>&amp;layout=standard&amp;show_faces=false&amp;width=450&amp;action=like&amp;colorscheme=light" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:25px;"></iframe>
Is it correct to add it to the custom read more field?
If I used your suggestion I should create a custom style for the facebook like button, right?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 03:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Did you try it?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:38 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
I already tried to enclose the iframe in a div and I got the same result as when not enclosing.
I only wanted to know that the style attribute would have changed. I added it but nothing changed.
Attached you will find a screen capture of what I'm getting.
As you can see the code isn't working. The post is not liked by 4665 people.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 26 11.56.jpg
Views:	1447
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1186  
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It looks like an issue with the iframe code. Why not use a plugin?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 02:44 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
I'm trying to limit the number of installed plugins. Moreover, many plugins don't offer enough customization options. Also, if I use the code it is saved in Atahualpa options and it could be easily recovered.