Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Opening external links inside a Wordpress frameset?

Old Apr 16, 2009, 07:04 AM
d_random

51 posts · Apr 2009
Is it possible to open external links inside a wordpress "frameset"?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:26 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Technically yes, but this one is anything but easy, since there is no "Wordpress frameset", especially if you want the frameset to look like Atahualpa and have Wordpress functionality. And many target sites will probably break out of your frame with a Javascript framebuster anyway. I'd not use frames at all.

If you still want to try, the page with the frameset, i.e. frameset.php would look similar to this

<FRAMESET cols="20%, 80%">
<FRAME src="http://www.mydomain.com/contents_of_left_frame.html">
<FRAME src="<?php echo $_GET['link']; ?>">
<NOFRAMES>
<p>Your browser doesn't support frames.
This frameset document contains this page:
<a href="<?php echo $_GET['link']; ?>">
</p>
</NOFRAMES>
</FRAMESET>

And the link would be <a href="frameset.php?link=http://www.othersite.com/">
with http://www.othersite.com/ being the site that is supposed to be framed
Old Apr 16, 2009, 03:07 PM
d_random

51 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks Flynn!
I will try that.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:53 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Hi,

I am trying this too.

I don't get this part "contents_of_left_frame.html"

What does that mean exactly?

Thanks!

Tom
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:59 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Thanks STB, I get that, but do I make an outside new HTML page with a frame in it?