Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Need Category Page to Display Posts Like A Gallery

Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:56 PM
fishshack

4 posts · Feb 2011
I have seen a couple of threads where people were asking for something like this but the answers either seemed vague or non-existent.

I am trying to figure out how to have my category pages only show the thumbnail like a picture gallery. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to go about it in atahualpa. i would love it if I could get it to display a 3 column grid. Any thoughts?

Here is my site as is: http://www.fishshackdesign.com/categ...lank-pictures/

Thanks!

-HH-
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
For just showing the thumbnails have you tried setting the Excerpt Length to 0?

As for the three columns. I am assuming you want multiple posts in three columns as opposed to three columns in a post. To do that requires some coding. There is a tutorial in the Gold forum for two columns and I have seen some talk on three columns in the forum.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 08:07 AM
fishshack

4 posts · Feb 2011
Quote:
For just showing the thumbnails have you tried setting the Excerpt Length to 0?
Because that would affect the index page and the other pages that use excerpts. I only want it to show thumbs on the category pages.

Anyone else with thoughts?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 09:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I just did a search on wordpress.org and found the Category Thumbnail List plugin which, I think, does what you want.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:21 PM
fishshack

4 posts · Feb 2011
That plugin is a cool one, but not what I am looking for. That plugin makes it so that you can post a thumbnail gallery in your posts.

I am looking for something that will do it on the category pages that are automatically generated.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:28 PM
fishshack

4 posts · Feb 2011
ps- that plugin doesnt work anyway
Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It did work for me but it of course does not work for automatically generated category pages.. You would indeed have to create a new page for every category.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:42 AM
shrewdgeek

26 posts · Oct 2011
@lmilesw for the category list plugin,can you please share what exactly you added in CSS to display the post title's correctly,i mean they get cut-off
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Sorry... That was about a year ago and I don't remember what I did.