Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Do I need to have a local installation of Wordpress to use ThemeFrame?

Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:25 PM
spencerspencer

5 posts · Jan 2011
Hong Kong
Hi,

I am very new to all this but excited to have found Themeframe - it looks great!

Do I need to have WP installed on my local machine or can I use the installation provided by my hosting company?

If it is the former - could someone point me in the right direction for tutorials please?

Thanks!

spencerspencer
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here are the instructions for installing Themeframe. They are for Beta 11 but still are valid. It involves installing WAMP on your PC or MAMP on your Mac.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
spencerspencer

5 posts · Jan 2011
Hong Kong
H Larry,

Thanks for the quick response. I can't access that page as I'm not authorised.

Also, perhaps you could tell me if there is a trial version?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Spencer.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Sorry... As this is in beta there is no trial version. It costs $80 to get in on the ground floor so to speak. The cost will go up once out of beta.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:54 AM
spencerspencer

5 posts · Jan 2011
Hong Kong
Fair enough.

I can't see the link that you sent through: here's the message I received from the system

spencerspencer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Cheers,
Spencer.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:26 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That's because in order to access the Themeframe area you have to have donated $80 or more.

To answer your question though. You don't need WP installed anywhere until you want to import a theme. Themeframe is "installed" on your local machine but it is not a typical installation. You need to first install one of the two items I mentioned in my previous post then you paste the themeframe folder in. Eventually there will be a stand alone version which you will install.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:33 AM
spencerspencer

5 posts · Jan 2011
Hong Kong
Hi Larry,

Thanks again for your quick response.

I accept that there is no trial version and would be prepared to pay for the beta - if I knew more about it. You're asking me to buy a package I know nothing about - not even the installation process.

Have you thought about this process and how it might strike a potential customer?

Regards,
Spencer.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Have you thought about this process and how it might strike a potential customer?
Yes the developer has thought about it and has chosen this method.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 02:53 PM
spencerspencer

5 posts · Jan 2011
Hong Kong
The lack of any real information being available is disappointing. That you would calmly put your hands out for money just to answer some basic questions is staggering.

Get some sales and marketing advice, please.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:52 PM
Pizzazz

1 posts · Jul 2012
What a dumb thing to do...

__________________________________________________ _________________

ie:

http://www.artisteer.com/?post_id=19...ost&forum_id=9

Well that was a disappointment.

So far T.h.e.m.e.F.r.a.m.e Really Sucks.

First you have to jump through hoops to even get close to seeing the software:

Quote :
Get T.h.e.m.e.F.r.a.m.e within 3 minutes, in 3 easy steps: Register as a free member at our BytesForAll WordPress forum. Once you’re a forum member, log in to the forum and visit the Subscriptions Page, choose your currency and click “Order”. Visit the T.h.e.m.e.F.r.a.m.e Members Forum (accessible for you a few minutes after you made the purchase) and download the newest T.h.e.m.e.F.r.a.m.e version.

Then you get nothing. There is no demo. You have to pay before you even get to try the software.

What a joke!

Why a company would make it impossible to try or buy their software is beyond me...

Don't waste your time. You'll spend 30mins just trying to join their stupid forum. And once you do you get nothing!!!

Complete waste!!!!

__________________________________________________ _______________

So how does it feel to lose 100's of sales a day?

This isn't even real software like Artisteer.

This is just another theme plugin that requires wordpress. I'm very dissapointed.

What a joke!!!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 03:23 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Pizzazz,

this is an old thread, I am closing it now.

If you have questions or problems with the purchasing options please open a new thread.

As for being just another plugin, ThemeFrame is not a plugin. It does require a local web server and PHP installation, that's true, but no WordPress installation, not even MySQL.

The quote you posted is correct. Register, then buy a subscription to get access to the downloads.

I am sorry if you misunderstood that and thought that you'd get a trial. A trial wasn't advertised, anywhere, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzazz
What a dumb thing to do...

__________________________________________________ _________________

ie:

http://www.artisteer.com/?post_id=19...ost&forum_id=9

Well that was a disappointment.

So far T.h.e.m.e.F.r.a.m.e Really Sucks.

First you have to jump through hoops to even get close to seeing the software:

Quote :
Get T.h.e.m.e.F.r.a.m.e within 3 minutes, in 3 easy steps: Register as a free member at our BytesForAll WordPress forum. Once you’re a forum member, log in to the forum and visit the Subscriptions Page, choose your currency and click “Order”. Visit the T.h.e.m.e.F.r.a.m.e Members Forum (accessible for you a few minutes after you made the purchase) and download the newest T.h.e.m.e.F.r.a.m.e version.

Then you get nothing. There is no demo. You have to pay before you even get to try the software.

What a joke!

Why a company would make it impossible to try or buy their software is beyond me...

Don't waste your time. You'll spend 30mins just trying to join their stupid forum. And once you do you get nothing!!!

Complete waste!!!!

__________________________________________________ _______________

So how does it feel to lose 100's of sales a day?

This isn't even real software like Artisteer.

This is just another theme plugin that requires wordpress. I'm very dissapointed.

What a joke!!!