Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] Add RSS button to Bottom of each post

Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:16 PM
timmoj

13 posts · Feb 2010
Help needed. I want to simply add an RSS button to the bottom of each post with the word subscribe to the left of the button, so that readers can subscribe via Feedburner.

Please help me to accomplish this.

Thank you.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 02:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Get the chicklet code from Feedburner and paste it into ATO>Style & edit Center Column>Content Below the Loop
Old Jan 16, 2011, 05:16 PM
timmoj

13 posts · Feb 2010
Thank you for responding to my question. Here is what I did (I am using Atahualpa 3.4.9):

1) got Feedburner chicklet
2)Went to Atahualpa "Style and Edit Center Column"
3) Went to "Content Below the Loop"
4) I pasted the chicklet into this section (Content Below the Loop)
5) I saved the changes

When I looked at the Blog, there was no change. I am wondering if I need to add some additional code to make this work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Timothy M Mojonnier
http://www.philosophiesofbusiness.com/blog/
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
My mistake. Pasting it there will only show the RSS icon at the bottom of the page. To have it at the bottom of each post you have to paste it in the loop where you want it. Alternatively there are plugins that will add this for you such as Sexy Bookmarks.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 05:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could also try putting it in ato->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS->FOOTER: xxxxx
Old Jan 17, 2011, 07:40 PM
timmoj

13 posts · Feb 2010
Thank you very much for your help. I followed your instructions exactly, and got the Feedburner orange icon to appear at the bottom of each post. I am 95% satisfied. My only question is one of formatting. The RSS icon is below the first line in the footer (Date|Leave a Comment|Edit this post|)

Although there appears to be room to the right of |Edit this post|, it doesn't appear there. Is there anyway I can get the RSS icon to appear to the right of |Edit this post|?

Thank you again for your help. It is much appreciated.

http://www.philosophiesofbusiness.com/blog/
Old Jan 18, 2011, 10:53 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It looks like you have the Feedburner code wrapped in a <p> tag. Try removing that.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:37 PM
timmoj

13 posts · Feb 2010
I removed the <p> and that DID THE TRICK.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP IN SOLVING THIS PROBLEM