Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Atahualpa 3.5.3 does not recognize child theme's CSS

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:17 PM
Battra

4 posts · Jan 2011
I want to add a couple of page templates to my site (one with no sidebars, another one with no header and no sidebars) so I created a child theme and put my templates there. I also have a CSS that looks like this:
Code:
/*
Theme Name: Atahualpa Child
Theme URI: http://example.com
Description: Child theme for Atahualpa
Author: Battra
Author URI: http://example.com
Template: atahualpa353
Version: 1.0.0
*/
@import url("../atahualpa353/style.css");

/* Hide header */
body.page-template-nosidebar-php div#imagecontainer {
display: none !important;
}
If I put the styling in the style.css file of the child theme, it's not recognized and the header is still displayed. If I put the styling in the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts", it works.

Why doesn't Atahualpa recognize the child theme's CSS? I prefer to put the styling in the child theme since the templates reside there.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:59 PM
juggledad

21,985 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
You need to use the index.php as a basis. There are already some templates in the Gold Forums Tutorials section (the Gold Forum is available to members who have donated $20 or more.)
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Juggledad | Forum Moderator/Support
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:27 PM
Battra

4 posts · Jan 2011
Hi Juggledad!

Yep, I used the index.php as the template and modify the first 5 lines as explained in a sticky post in this forum. The problem is only with the CSS. As I said, the page renders correctly if I put the CSS in the theme options, but not when I put it in the child theme's style.css. So somehow the style.css is not loaded at all.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:50 PM
Battra

4 posts · Jan 2011
Nevermind, I digged the files again and found out that Atahualpa inserts all the CSS on the page itself instead of linking to external stylesheet. So I put this line in the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts > HTML Inserts:Header" and now it works.

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php bloginfo( 'stylesheet_url' ); ?>" />
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:52 AM
juggledad

21,985 posts · Mar 2009
If you look at ato-> configure JS & CSS you will see an option to have the CSS external
You can also add any CSS you news at ato->add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts making them theme options and they will remain in place duting theme upgrades. No need to change the code or use a child theme.
If you like my help, please consider donating. I am happy to provide greater detail on this and other topics if you hire me. Please send detailed support requests to me as a private message, thank you.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 02:38 PM
Battra

4 posts · Jan 2011
I thought I saw an option to use external CSS before but couldn't find it again. Thanks! I'll try that.

Well, I NEED to use child theme since I want to create new page templates. And since the templates reside in the child theme's folder, I prefer to have the styling there too. That way, if I copy Atahualpa settings to a website that doesn't need the child theme, I won't have extra unused styling.

Thanks again, Juggledad!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 03:59 PM
juggledad

21,985 posts · Mar 2009
but you can put the page templates in the atahualpa folder and then don't need to do anything else.