Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

read more tag not there when clicking on categories

Old Apr 10, 2009, 02:28 AM
cephas

1 posts · Apr 2009
Hello,

I'm very new with wordpress , and have some problems using the Atahualpa theme. Besides the huge different settings you can make i have a problem with the Read more tag.

The read more tag does not display when clicking a catagory from the sidebar. When i display my homepage with the posts, the Read more tag is there. I think the settings i make at the "Post/page Info Items" tab are not the right one.

You can see my home page here.

I hope someone can help me through this.

regards,

Cephas
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:16 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It only displays when you set "Full Posts" for categories at Theme Options -> "Posts or Excerpts"
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:24 AM
Jcasteli

15 posts · Jun 2009
Right now, Hoboken, NJ
Thank you! I had the same issue.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:16 AM
mpennell

10 posts · May 2009
I am totally frustrated. I have a website made with WP. I tried to use Thumbnail for Excerpts. I uploaded the plug in and it seemed to work for my Posts but not my Pages. However, with the posts, the excerpt just ends abruptly.
  • So, I added the "read More Tag" which works well. BUT, now the thumbnails have disappeared!
  • My main goal, however, is to create a Home Page with Thumbnail Excerpts for PAGES versus posts. I have tried a few of the Excerpts Plug ins but they don't work.
  • Is it possible to create EXCERPTS for PAGES (versus posts) so that I can use thumbnails? (The MORE tag doesn't work with Pages, at least for me).
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:25 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have your tried this: http://blog.ftwr.co.uk/wordpress/page-excerpt/ which is mentioned here: http://wordpress.org/extend/ideas/topic.php?id=247 ?