Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

WP3 menus association lost when doing certain operations in WP control panel

Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:52 AM
Farinet

24 posts · Dec 2010
Genève, Switzerland
Hello,

I am using WP3, and the WP menu mechanism. It works fine (much more flexibility!).

I noticed something strange however. I happened to delete all unused themes in my website (through WP control panel), just to remove unused items.
Then, when I loaded my website, the menu bar was messed up: it was using the Pages directly, not the WP menu.
I had to redefine, in the WP Menus panel, the association between the WP menu and the Atahualpa menu name, and it worked fine again.
No big deal, but certainly unexpected, since deleting unused themes should have no incidence on this. Presumably some other operations have such an incidence, but I don't know which ones.

Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I just tried a simple test but had no problem, so unless you care to recreate it and figure out after which theme you deleted the issue occured there is no way to know what happened.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 07:17 AM
Farinet

24 posts · Dec 2010
Genève, Switzerland
Thanks for having a look. Actually I remember of another instance where this happened. I had activated another theme, and then I went back to Atahualpa. The association with WP3 menu had disappeared as well, and I had to recreate it. Maybe someone else getting this problem will report it and shed more light on the underlying issue.