Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Recommendation for Spam Comments plugin

Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:44 PM
wppg

51 posts · Aug 2010
hi - we've started to receive several spam comments every day and wondered if there's a way to stop them and or a plugin to deal with them? right now we have to manually delete them because we have it set to approve comments. thanks for any suggestions.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This is not a theme issue, but you could do a google search with 'wordpress spam' and you should find several to choose from or you could use the 'akismet' that comes with WordPress. Try some out and see which fits your needs.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:06 AM
wppg

51 posts · Aug 2010
thanks i've added akismet for now. appreciate the help!