Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

I want Facebook comments to show on my WEBSITE's blogposts

Old Dec 21, 2010, 07:23 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
I have things set up so my wife's BLOGPOSTS show up on our farm's Facebook page.

What's the best way to have Facebook comments be "copied over" to show up as comments on the website's blog?

My wife goes to a lot of trouble putting together her posts. She does not DO Facebook and it drives her crazy that all the comments on the Facebook page do not "count" on the blog itself.

I found the plugin "Facebook Comments Importer" which sounds good, but figured I'd ask the experts.

I'm running WP 3.0.3 and am just about to upgrade Atahualpa to 3.5.3
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have used the Simple Facebook Connect plugin which is really a whole bunch of plugins rolled into one. It seems like I did have an issue with a plugin conflict for one of the modules but it wasn't an important module in my case and you may not even have the conflicting plugin installed.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 09:45 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Okay! I'm going to give it a shot!

I'm really hoping to sweeten the online deal for my wife Pam. She's historically been a total computer-phobe. And unfortunately, she got into blogging pretty much as the rest of the world moved to Facebook for social interaction. She's still feeling her way around in WordPress and does not DO Facebook.

She HATES it that lots of people see her website blog posts on Facebook and then their comments, on Facebook, of course, don't come back to the blog. I point out that it's ALL happening UP THERE, but she's only seeing the website.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Progress Report:

Being a lazy son-of-a I figured I try the simple "Facebook Comments Importer" plugin first cuz it sounded a mite less complex than the apparent suite-approach of "Simple Facebook Connect" ...and, while "Simple Facebook Connect" says it can do lots of things dependent on which sub-plugins you load with it, no where does it say that it will bring comments FROM your Facebook page and plomp them down in your blog.

Well, the "Facebook Comments Importer" plugin, so far, is awesome. Standard 1) unzip, 2) FTP and 3) activate installation. From the Dashboard you then go into Settings and paste in the URL of your FB page. The only "option" per'se is that you can change the text of the little header on the imported comments -- I altered that so people reading the comments on the website blog will see the name of the FB page as part of the notice that the comment had come in from FB.

The plugin started working immediately and even pulled in a comment left a couple of days ago on the previous blogpost. see an imported Facebook comment

My wife thinks I'm a genius ..or maybe, less of an idiot anyway ...
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
So does that plugin also handle sending blog posts to FB?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:29 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
...I was afraid someone might ask me something about that...

To be honest, as of this moment I can't remember HOW the blogposts from the website's blog wind up being posted over on our Facebook "page" (used to be a "fan page"). I took a quick look around the Dashboard and didn't notice anything. I'm thinking I should take a look over on FB -- maybe there's some way the FB Page is "subscribed" to the RSS feed?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:09 PM
jimmpow

1 posts · Mar 2013
Here is the working plugin for FB comments import, for those that might be interested:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...ents-importer/

My first post