Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to add another widget below the footer or above the footer

Old Dec 2, 2010, 04:05 PM
Mykhailo

29 posts · Dec 2010
London
Is any one knows how to add another widget to the bottom of the footer or above the footer in order to move some section or categories in there to clear the clutter on the right hand side bar?

Thanks
Mike M
Old Dec 2, 2010, 07:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use the 'New Widget area' - read the options and try it.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 06:39 AM
Mykhailo

29 posts · Dec 2010
London
Thanks for your quick answer.

Is there a way to insert container or a widget whichever is best for being able to insert an additional information or advertised product to the Front page (static) just below the main article? This way you can quickly change anything in that container or widget. Another words having some information with images being placed just below the front page main article.

Thanks
Mike M
Old Dec 4, 2010, 07:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well if you use the exec-php plugin you could add a new widget area to your Front page (static)
Old Dec 5, 2010, 02:09 PM
Mykhailo

29 posts · Dec 2010
London
Hi, I do use exec.php plug as I understand its only purpose is to allow php code to be executed in word press pages. What I'm looking for is to be able to insert a peace of information only to a front static page by utilizing some sort of configuration in our Atahualpa theme. Is there a way we could do it?

Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2010, 04:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sure, you could put a php if statement checking is_front_() and if it is true, put what you want there. You could add it to the option 'Below the LOOP' so it would show after the posts