Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Web Hosting for WordPress »

Any good web-hosting supporting WordPress?

Old Nov 29, 2010, 09:29 PM
Davidrard

1 posts · Nov 2010
If you guys have domain hosting for free, please tell me.

Otherwise, all I need is a free subdomain webhosting that supports the WordPress blogging software.

I already have a host but it has PHP5. People told me that the wordpress software works best with PHP4. For some reason, I can't upload pictures and archives to WordPress because of this. They told me that PHP5 has some problems so I'm searching for a provider that has PHP4 or at least has the option to downgrade from PHP5 to PHP4.

The requirements for WordPress (I need) are:

PHP4
MySQL
PHPMyAdmin
FTP

once again, free domain and free webhosting would be nice

but what is necessary for me right now is subdomain

(i personally don't know what any of those mean but yeah)

THANK YOU!!!

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 30, 2010 at 04:08 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) this is a forum for the theme Atahualpa
2) wordpress requires php5
Old Mar 8, 2011, 03:09 PM
viewb4

1 posts · Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidrard
If you guys have domain hosting for free, please tell me.

Otherwise, all I need is a free subdomain webhosting that supports the WordPress blogging software.

I already have a host but it has PHP5. People told me that the wordpress software works best with PHP4. For some reason, I can't upload pictures and archives to WordPress because of this. They told me that PHP5 has some problems so I'm searching for a provider that has PHP4 or at least has the option to downgrade from PHP5 to PHP4.

The requirements for WordPress (I need) are:

PHP4
MySQL
PHPMyAdmin
FTP

once again, free domain and free webhosting would be nice

but what is necessary for me right now is subdomain

(i personally don't know what any of those mean but yeah)

THANK YOU!!!
If you would expecting for free domain names and hosting it is provided for you as a subdomain only.subdomain is nothing but you get the domain name as your desired name,then provider name and the extension(.com,.org etc...).Also your domain may be overloaded with spam & ads.Better go for paid domain name and hosting from a reputable provider

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 8, 2011 at 03:30 PM.